Sunday, September 05, 2010

Afraid Of Airspace

The firemen were out with their boot today, I assume raising funds for the annual telethon. I don't especially like seeing this kind of thing, firemen blockading the door of the store, but that's how they get the big bucks.

So of course they always have one boot. That's quite a custom.

My excuse for not giving, if they asked, would be, "I'm afraid of reaching my hand in a boot." I imagine they would reply that I don't have to put my hand in but can just drop the money in. To which I would have to say, "I'm even afraid of the airspace above it."

I can't imagine they'd be silenced at this point, because they might say I could simply put the money in their hand. To which I would be forced to respond that I'm also afraid of the airspace above their hand.

The fact is, I don't give because I'm deathly afraid of both boots and airspace.