Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Oh My Gosh

The last post at this blog was 2005. I actually had a pretty nice background, a cool, lightly fading color scheme with Kafka in there and some German dada nightclub sign, and a picture of some other artsy looking guy, I can't remember who. But blogger had an upgrade since 2005 and when I did the upgrade all my old stuff disappeared. And now I wouldn't know how to get it back. Not that it was all that great, but it had more character than this.

But so little time for messing around with such things! I've already messed around quite a bit today, with this or that. I have a few other blogs, and am trying to loosen up a bit and post a few things. I was picturing today what it'd be like to sit here all day and do this. Of course you'd run out of experiences to talk about. And life requires more than commenting on yourself commenting on things! Like reading, going to parades, going out to eat, joining clubs, visiting relatives, trying to make friends, volunteering for offices, being a secret crimefighter when everyone else is asleep, etc.

One big trouble with being a secret crimefighter these days would be that there are video cameras everywhere. So there you are, swinging from a wire in an alley, skulking around in the dark, just you and your utility best. But because of all the video cameras, they see you there, and it's suddenly no longer a secret. "We've got a male subject, stretch underwear, mask, cape, and a bat ears. What shall we do with him?"