Thursday, August 28, 2008

Skateboarding to the Left, to the Right

I should never have commented on the jumping skateboard boys. Now that I've commented, I'm seeing them everywhere. They're even vanishing on me!

Last night I came around the corner and there was a couple of boys doing the traditional skateboard straight-up jump, failing to make a nice landing, as usual. I got right to the garage, got my cell phone out, I was going to snap a picture of them through the garage window, and they were gone. Within 30 seconds! I went running to the front door and out. I looked up the street, down the street, across the street, and even over on a different street. But they had vanished. It was weird.

Since then, I saw another kid somewhere else today, doing the flipping into the air thing, without success. And lastly, so far lastly, I happened to be looking across the road and there was two more boys (or maybe it was one) flipping it into the air, then tipping it up at a 45 degree angle.

They're everywhere!