Monday, July 07, 2008

Lay Off The Nigerians!

In the article about John McCain still hating the "gooks" of Vietnam, even 40 years later, there's this question by someone: "If Sen. McCain had been captured by Nigerians, could he call those people 'niggers' and think he wasn't going to offend everyone who is black?" That question is asked by Guy Aoki, president of the Media Action Network for Asian Americans, an anti-defamation group.

To which I say, hey, Mr. Aoki, lay off the Nigerians. The Nigerians have been very very good to me. In fact just the other day a wealthy chieftain died, leaving his fortune to someone who happened to have my email address. Even now we're in communications -- the Nigerian beneficiary, myself, and my bank -- to forward a sizable handling fee overseas so that I can receive some of the inheritance, a pretty hefty payoff, I might add. It's in the high seven figures, meaning millions.