Friday, July 10, 2009

All Pooped Out

I love listening to Yogi Yorgesson (Harry Stewart) but I don't have a systematic way of doing it. I don't have any CD collections, which would be ideal. I have a handful of 45s and this one 78.

The 78 I have on my iPod but the others are in boxes. And by handful, I mean less than 10, so it's far from anything.

I made an MP3 of his "Grandma" song but it's still unprocessed, untagged, etc. This 78, "All Pooped Out" backed with "Square Dance Hulda," is a great one.

My dad did a very minor Scandihoovian accent, talking about some of our cousins from Wisconsin, "Yohnny Yohnson."

Yogi's record is S & G 3010. He used to give the girls the eye, but now he just wants another piece of pie. He's all pooped out when it comes to girls but not food. He could dance the polka like a yumping yack.

Harry Stewart sounds like a genius to me. Or at least someone very insightful and clever. His records tell some fun things about human nature.