Sunday, July 26, 2009

Cutting Chickens

Last night I had to cut four chickens into pieces. I don't know much about cutting chickens. But I know there's a method to it.

I was thinking of it like a zen master, thinking I could delicately slice through it by following the vibe of the bones or something. But it didn't work that way.

I checked out the Betty Crocker cookbook on "How to cut a chicken into pieces," but what I had was a description without pictures. So it's referring to various things and I ended up improvising after all.

The legs -- to get them off is no trouble. The wings too. But to slice through and separate the thighs, that's tricky. Then the breasts section doesn't feel to me like it has any natural cutting places.

I'd sure like to know how to do it -- whack whack slice done -- but I'm going to need an instructional video or someone in person to show me the tricks.