Friday, May 21, 2010

Dragon 10 Speech Recognition Software

I've been doing my blogs with this speech recognition software, with very mixed results.

There's something on virtually every line that is wrong and that I have to correct. It's frankly amazing how often it screws up. It's not really saving me much time, that's for sure. But I'm a very fast typist and also very accurate, so I probably need this less than the average person.

Having said that, it did the previous paragraph perfectly, without a mistake. So that ought to mean something. On the other hand, since I'm kind of pissed off at it I am pronouncing my words very carefully. (I actually said, "I'm" there... but they changed it for me, and the second time it used the word "aim.") On this paragraph, I had to correct or five things. That's very bad. I could've typed the paragraph three times in the amount of time it took me to say it once.

I'm really not in breast.

Err, what I actually said was, "I am really not in progress to." No! I said, "I'm really not impressed." Finally, the stupid thing got it right. Does that look like something that would save time to you?

That's an interesting statement... I'm really not in breast...Ha ha...