Saturday, May 08, 2010

So Tired I'm About To Fall

I've had a few days where I was so tired I was about to fall.

I'm starting to feel like that now, as the day wears on. But for the most part this was a good day, like the last couple.

But a few before that, wow, I was so tired I could've fallen over.

When I get tired like that, I feel that confusion that you feel before you fall asleep, and it makes me start wondering about consciousness and how you know that you're in waking consciousness. Because there's some very nasty counterfeit consciousness right at the seam between wakefulness and sleep. You could run over someone.

One day I drank a Coke to wake myself up. This is noteworthy because I quit drinking soda pop three years ago coming up in June. So that's how desperate I was, that I would drink a Coke when I had that huge streak.*

*As disclosed elsewhere on one of my blogs, I do have a little bit of red pop at Christmas, as part of a family tradition that itself has a very long streak, going back to the legendary time when Grandpa first started the family off with red pop at Christmas.