Monday, June 15, 2009

My Urban Imagination

The bus station I was in wasn't really an urban setting. It was a small city, but nothing like the bigger places, which I'm not at very often but have been there enough to know the difference.

Still it had some of the same characteristics, people passing quietly, looking around, sitting without looking at you, or sitting without speaking to you. I sat on the end of a bench on which there was another guy and he didn't note my existence and I didn't note his.

It gave me a taste of the whole urban thing, which is not that comfortable to me. But I'm walking along, going from the car across the street, then into the bus station. I can see my reflection and think I'm just melting in with the others. Check my wallet and checkbook to make sure pickpockets aren't at work.

I did my mobile texting to this blog -- which didn't work properly -- and turned at the end of the bench so that guy couldn't see what I was doing exactly.