Thursday, April 15, 2010

Looking At President Obama's Tax Forms

Today is Tax Day. I got mine mailed yesterday. There weren't any big surprises. I did OK with it. It helps to have a simple estate, a dog house and two blankets. And my dog's always hogging them.

I was just looking at President Obama's tax forms online. His definitely look complicated enough that I would want a professional to help me with them. And I see he had a tax company do them. If my income, like his, ever goes over $5 million, I'll be sure to get someone.

Just looking at them, they seem fairly simple and straightforward, except for all the additional forms they had to fill out. The first pages and the SE schedule look about like mine have looked in recent years, just bigger numbers. I see one of his expenses was only $12, so I can relate to that.

A lot of the president's high income was from book sales. Memo to self: Write bestselling book this year.

The other thing that struck me about the president's tax forms was that everything was typed. That really makes them look good.