Friday, April 02, 2010

28 After 7

Looking at the clock, I saw it was 28 after 7. Which is about what the clock would look like if the screw in the middle came loose and the hands drooped over time.

I've had a few clocks, including one just yesterday, show a weird time, like the battery was only hitting on every other heartbeat. I have two identical watches and they both funked out, slowed to a crawl, then stopped. I know they're right at least once a day. I don't know about the other time because that's when I'm sleeping.

I see the time on the clock and it's a picture book. Like 10 after 8 or 10 till 8, it's a boy scout doing semaphore signals. Or you could have the same times I must mentioned, along with 10 after 4 and 10 till 4, and we'd have Jack LaLanne doing jumping jacks. But anytime Jack jumps those are jumping jacks.

The kids these days with digital clocks are really missing out. Except they have the joy of looking at 11:11, which gives you that ascendant feeling.