Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Greenhouse

I went to a greenhouse today ... which might more accurately be called a greenhouseplex, since there were probably eight or 10 greenhouses in the complex.

Wow, that's a lot of potted plants. I felt like getting a job there. Less stress while digging in the pots. But I didn't figure I'd qualify, since I don't know anything about botany. I could've said people say I have a green thumb, except no one says that.

I was thinking, What a vast spread of plants. What's the chances of all of them ever selling? Then I had my eye on a particular plant, yet went on to wander around and browse. Later I came back thinking I would get that plant, and guess what, it was gone, and they guy said that was the last one. Hmm, of all the plants in this vast place, that one particular plant sold right out from under my nose.