Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Music Is Getting Old

I got a couple Glenn Miller CDs the other day. I was looking at them, as well as listening just a little.

He did his main work between the years of 1939-1942. That's a pretty tight time frame, since that's a lot of hits -- I don't even know how many. I'm nothing like an expert on this stuff.

1939, though, that's 70 years ago. This stuff is getting old. But what I was listening to still sounds fresh -- the recordings. As far as the style, the great vocals, etc., it sounds like something from a different world. I love it.

I'm surprised there aren't more older people who talk about their love for music. I've noticed this just about forever, that they don't do a lot of comparing of tracks, albums, why they liked a particular thing. It doesn't seem like they feel like discussing such things.