Thursday, November 12, 2009

A Verizon Hack

I'm depressed.

I just heard a family member, who doesn't have very much money, had her Verizon account hacked, and someone ran up between $500-600 fees for one thing or another.

She tried to talk to them at Verizon customer service but they won't help her, they say, get some of these charges off her bill. You know, I have never ever heard one good word about Verizon customer service. It seems like everything I've ever heard about them, their policy is to turn you down.

Anyway, it's not over with yet. I found a thing online about how to have a (maybe) successful dispute with Verizon. They ought to be able to look at her history and see that she hasn't had a history of these kinds of charges in the past. And since it's apparently easy to hack a Verizon account, if they put 2 + 2 together, they could see that she is telling the truth.

Like I said, she doesn't have much money. So I would probably have to step in (not that I'm loaded either) and help get the stinking thing paid.

I would guess it'd be up to her to keep better track of her account, although I don't know what the actual answer is. Someone could run up a lot of charges in a short amount of time.

I hate those people!