Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Congress Crushed By Calls

Hmm, I hadn't actually heard of this. There was some organized effort to call Congress, everyone the same day. And today was the day, and the report is that Congress.

They met their goal of 100,000 calls and went on for 200,000.

So that's good news. I hope it does some good. It's stunning how obstinate Congress is, especially the guys on our own side, the Democrats, who we voted for. If I carried on my life like these guys do, turning their back on the people, I'd have a hard time showing my face in public.

I can't figure out the White House and President Obama, why they don't seem to be putting the screws to Congress for something we want. Wasn't it the President himself back in April who was ballyhooing the public option? I know it was.

All the "playing nice" I don't get. The Republicans are out to massacre us in 2010. They're not opposing this on philosophical grounds or for any good reason. It's all political posturing, hoping it will fail so they can take advantage of that. We need to massacre them first by being united and getting something done.