Saturday, October 17, 2009

Sick Puppies

I watched Rachel Maddow's story examining why President George H.W. Bush (the smarter one) called her and Keith Olbermann "sick puppies."

I thought Keith seemed to be taking it a bit personally, although he did cut the old guy some slack. It seemed to me that in his quote, the ex-pres was just naming a couple people who came to mind, not that he was necessarily singling them out as someone he has great knowledge of. Like he's heard others mention them, so he's saying their names.

Then Rachel had Ron Suskind on, who seemed to think Bush was actually being critical, between the lines of Fox News, and for some reason put their names in as a way of balancing things out. Like he doesn't really have a conscious and well thought out grudge against them, per se, but it's just shorthand for someone on "the cables."

And since his fatherly beef is with the news personalities criticizing Junior, of course he would likely pick ones who were more Democratic.

I don't know for sure. I'm no fan of the Bushes -- any of them -- but when they're old and crochety, like Senior seems to be getting, I'd take it less as an insult than as a thing to brag about. Out of all the people in the world, the former president called ME a "sick puppy."

I actually am "one sick puppy," but the President has never heard of me.