Monday, December 21, 2009

Christmas Stuff On Sale

I was going by some stores tonight, and I see all the Christmas stuff is on sale.

It's going, going, gone ... at least in value, when the big day hits. It's a double edged sword when it comes to holidays where they stock a lot of merchandise. Someone somewhere (one would assume) is losing a little money. But I don't know.

There's a lot of people who buy Christmas stuff after Christmas, including my family. We got a nice white Christmas tree after Christmas last year, kept it in a box in the basement, and it looked great this year setting out.

One of the weirdest customs I've ever heard about Christmas is when someone goes out on Christmas Eve and buys a Christmas tree and puts it up. At that point, what's the use? It's no good in a couple days.