Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Summer Sausage And The Fixins'

Guess what I've been eating the last few days, which is a weird thing to eat: Blue Cheese.

I've bought blue cheese before and didn't always get far with it. But I got some for a Christmas party the other day and was spreading it on crackers and enjoying it. So I went and got another one. It comes in triangles, the brand I buy, which is Maytag Blue Cheese.

I was offering some to someone at the party, but I was very upfront about it, informing her that the blue stuff is mold. Of course at that point she didn't want any. But I think it's good mold, not bad. Like good bacteria.

Some of that, and the crackers, and some summer sausage, and other cheese, and a few jalapenos, makes for a very nice snack while sitting around. I didn't actually have any dinner, just a plate of this stuff.

P.S. Maytag Blue Cheese comes in triangles at the grocery store. Online, it looks like it comes in circles. Circles, triangles. A square would be nice too.