Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Looking For A Book

I was looking for a book that I have today. Oh, I hate looking for books.

The big problem is I don't have the room to put all my books in normal places in an orderly way. So they're stacked here there and everywhere, on various shelves, some upright, some on their sides, some double or triple-layered back, etc. It's a mess.

The thing is, My best books it seems like I could have them in one place and in a reasonable place at that. But this particular book -- what it was is irrelevant -- didn't seem to be anywhere. I checked and checked. I'm thinking, I think I know what it's spine looks like, etc.

So I'm in one room. I'm moving the bed, thinking maybe it was under there. Moving stacks, getting irritated.

Finally I narrowed in my sights -- sometimes I can look right at something and still not see it -- and I thought I saw it, then I did see it. There is was. I took it off the shelf and put it on my desk ... somewhere.

I do not ever want to have to look for that book again. Stay on the shelf close to where you belong!