Thursday, February 26, 2009

American Idol - Results, Round 2

Well, I was very happy, since Allison Iraheta and Adam Lambert were my favorites from the round 2 performances. They both went through to the final 12.

Hearing Adam Lambert do "Satisfaction" again tonight, the guy is simply amazing. I can't believe the voice on this guy. And Allison did a great job again too.

It was great seeing Brook White again at the piano, doing her new single. Hmm, I didn't know she had a new single. So maybe I need to listen to the radio more. Nah, I might listen all year and not hear it. Hearing it on the show was very good. She looked good too.

The other guy who made it through was Kris Allen, doing "Man In The Mirror." I used to like this song. I used to have a Michael Jackson CD single of it. I don't know if I'm too whoopie on it anymore. I wasn't exactly enamored with Kris Allen either. But when he sang it tonight it sounded pretty solid. I'm noncommital on whether I like him especially. He's probably a nice guy. I was surprised that Megan didn't get picked, but I didn't care for her all that much either. I guess it's good that Kris made it, since there weren't really any of the others I was especially rooting for.

I also liked the "Wonderful World" montage. Nice to see Taylor Hicks again.