Sunday, February 08, 2009

Obama And The Republicans

I hope Obama gets the Republicans by the scruff of the neck pretty soon and shakes them up good. I personally think it's a mistake to bend over backwards for these guys, because they're always right there to slit your throat if you show vulnerability. So if he's doing rope-a-dope, that's one thing, but if he's seriously trusting these hacks, that's another.

As far as the economy goes, it looks to me like the media wants to portray Obama as down for the count. For whatever reason. They seemed overly in love with him, maybe this is just the shadow side of that. They have to dump on him now. But we all have a vested interest in things getting better. And it sickens me that the Republicans, for their short term partisan interest, would root for the country to go down the tubes. People are actually suffering.

Myself, I am fed up to here, now and forever, with the Republicans. There will never be anything they can do or will do that will put them anywhere near my good graces again. Because I think that they, the Congressional types certainly, are up to no good now and forever. They are so ideologically driven that they simply can't do anything right. I think they're selling out the country and it's a terrible shame.

Look at their partisan record. Whatever damage Bush wanted to inflict, they were there to cheer him on. Then he's out of office and we hear they're essentially glad because they supposedly didn't like him very much. Could have fooled me.

I want Obama to succeed -- for his sake (minor point) but for all our sakes (major). It's ridiculous to want things to go sour just so you can swoop in years from now and ... actually cause more damage. That's the Republican agenda.