Monday, February 22, 2010

The Feminine Facebook

Has anyone else noticed that Facebook is a very feminine thing?

At least it is with my account -- and I'm a guy. I have a number of men friends on there, but it's mostly the women friends who do the sharing.

I started noticing this fairly early on but it's gotten more obvious as time's gone on. The other day I had the entire screen -- my recent messages, etc. -- and everything with two small exceptions was written by women.

What are all these gals writing about? A lot of it has to do with games they're playing. I have quite a bit of this blocked so I don't see everything. They're playing a farm game of some sort, meaning they need to beg each other for a chicken coop or a cattle prod or something. Plus they're busy commiserating with each other over doctor's appointments and bad news. Or giving each other hearts and flowers, hugs and all kinds of nice thoughts.

It's a very feminine place. Very sweet, tender stuff.