Tuesday, February 02, 2010

YouTube's 10 Minute Limit

Doh!

I thought I saw plenty of YouTube videos that were over 10 minutes. I knew it used to be 10 minutes but I thought they changed that.

So I made an MP3 of a record today, which is 13+ minutes, and thought I'd put it on YouTube. Then I find out, No, they haven't changed the maximum time.

The maximum time is only extended for someone with a "director's account." So unless you're name is Alfred Hitchcock, you're out. I didn't look at the rules, so I don't know if you actually need a notarized letter from a major Hollywood studio. If so, I might have trouble getting one.

Yes, I'm a director for Behemoth Pictures, and we're going first release on this hot new production, an MP3, on YouTube. The big shafts of lights are gleaming and searching the skies. The premiere is here!