Saturday, February 13, 2010

Happy Birthday Again, Peter Tork

I wished Peter Tork a happy birthday here last year on this very day, Feb. 13. Because it is Peter Tork's birthday.

How do I know that? From a long time ago when I was a teenager, and it's something I simply haven't forgotten.

He's still out there, by the way, performing. He's on Facebook, with other people wishing him happy birthday.

Would you like it to have hundreds of strangers wishing you happy birthday? I personally don't think I'd enjoy that at all. But he's been famous (or semi-famous) all these years, so he must be used to it. Still, it must be terrible. The price of fame. I would hate it.

Anyway, he's a part of my consciousness and I'm not a part of his, so that makes me a perfect stranger. LOL. Be that as it may, my consciousness can't forget. February 13 is Peter Tork's birthday. That's all it is, except it's also the day before Valentine's Day.

So ... Happy birthday again, Peter Tork. And all the best to you, from a perfect stranger, an old fan.