Sunday, February 07, 2010

The Gallery Of The Absurd

This is a blog that I visit frequently -- The Gallery of the Absurd.

It's a very funny site, in which the person (I always say "guy") -- in which the guy posts graphics, pictures of the various absurdities you find in advertisements, on signs, etc.

One of my "favorite" features, that is often "featured" there is the use of "unnecessary" quotation marks. Like this sign: Through this door pass the "very best" transportation security officers. Quote unquote, someone thinks they're the "very best," or someone's simply being ironic, wink wink. "Very best," yah, sure.

Another recurring feature has to do with clowns, funny, ridiculous, or even terrifying images of clowns. I personally don't have a problem with clowns. But of course I wouldn't allow one to be alone with my children. Who would? A recent one is one that the guy describes as "a turd with a cowboy hat." LOL! I love that.

It's worth checking out ... frequently.