Friday, April 10, 2009

They Can Decipher It In The Future

In my quest to digitize my life -- to put all my class notes, term papers, and incidental projects on my computer and get rid of the paper -- I came across this word. It was in the middle of a regular size notebook page. At first I just tossed it aside, but then I thought it might be significant someday. Maybe I would wonder what it said.

I couldn't read it at first because I thought it started with a V. I was just thinking maybe science someday would come up with a way of deciphering it. But then as soon as I thought that I was able to make it out. It's an R, and it says "ratrace."

So at one time, with that paper right before me, I wrote the word "ratrace." Which according to the spell checker here must be supposed to be two words, "rat race."

It's a good word for today, just as it was back then, which would have been sometime between 1990-1992. What a treasure.