Monday, March 09, 2009

A Day Of Disgusting Things

Yesterday I nearly reached my breaking point on disgusting things.

I wrote about the big huge dead Talking Catfish that had been wedged in and plugging up my toilet (unbeknownst) since Thursday. So, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. The toilet was having a terrible time. I had joked that maybe it was that fish. Then it turned out to be that fish. I reached in there and pulled him out, the details of which I wrote about yesterday. Disgusting.

But that was just one disgusting thing, although probably the crowning example. The others were the ordinary ones of cat poop, dog poop, pet strewing garbage all over, the cat puking, and getting some kind of blank gunk from the toilet under my finger nails. To be fair, this last one was not body waste or fish waste but was just the normal build up of black stuff that sometimes you see around gaskets.

Last night, though, when I was tired, there was nearly one last example of disgusting things. And I thought I saw it all. There was a Tupperware container setting on the counter. I opened it and saw the most vile, filthy, disgusting bunk of something in there, coated and now slick with blue mold, blue through and through. I about lost it. And I did lose ... the Tupperware. No way was I digging that out and trying to clean that dish. I threw it completely away, tied up the garbage sack (which included the dead fish carcass at this point) and turned my back on the whole works.

That lead me to preemptively empty another couple containers of food ... before it rotted.

I'm queasy as can be at this point but thinking it was over ... except there was still the task of taking the dog out, cleaning up dog poop in the yard ... then coming back in thinking it was over ... until I remembered, I still need to clean the cat box!

One of the most disgusting days on record.