Sunday, March 08, 2009

Toilet Troubles

We've had toilet troubles for a few days, and it may predate the death of that fish the other day, as in being slow, but it's been so slow as to not actually be flushing.

I had said something about the flushing of the fish (I wasn't the one who did it), but I was really only joking, since I figured it actually went down. But we've been plunging and plunging, trying to get it unplugged for days. I have a worn spot on the heel of my hand from plunging. Nothing did any good. I read on wikihow how to fix a slow toilet. Water went down OK from a bucket, so I was cleaning the holes. Then sometimes it wouldn't work and that was mysterious. So I was plunging some more, ever more plunging, to little profit ... until ... I felt a good suction ... and then ...

I saw it, what looked like the fish, black! I tried to retrieve it with a big spoon but it only pushed it back in there. I tried other tools, to some avail, but not much. What this needed, unfortunately, was the human hand. That's bad. But what do you do in an emergency? In went the hand, and fumbled around with it, although it was somewhat wedged in there. I could feel the prickly big fin that sticks up, so I finally got ahold of that, and through some doing, got it retrieved. Now it was with a tool, to put it in the garbage.

Now with the holes cleaned, thanks to wikihow, and the obstruction out of the way, it's flushing with good authority. Back to normal and better than normal because of the better water flow with the holes being cleaned.

This is a disgusting task. I was just kidding about the fish plugging it up. Imagine how interesting it was to tell that other person, oh, by the way, it WAS the fish. Of course it would sound like I was kidding, since we were joking around about it earlier, but I stressed the truthfulness of the situation and it was believed on the second telling. Because it's true.