Monday, March 23, 2009

My Exercise Place

The place where I go to exercise seems like they're overrun with members now. It seems like it might be time to expand.

There's a few treadmills and they were all being used tonight. There's a few ellipticals and a couple were free, one of which I took. The other stuff was being used too, but I didn't look around that much to make a survey.

There's a guy there -- I believe he's called a boot camp guy -- and he was putting his clients through their paces. For quite a while they were all women but now I see there's a few men doing his bidding as well. He's got them running around, out the door, out in the parking lot, then back in. They'll be holding hand weights and running on their hands and feet a while. It all looks quite taxing.

I'm starting to see a few people out there about every time I'm there. Which makes me think maybe they're there a lot more often than that, since I'm not there at the same time everyday. Could it be that someone would be there four or five hours a day? There's one woman I'm seeing all the time. She's probably between 50-60, with pretty blond hair, and she's there virtually every time I go. I noticed she wasn't spending much time on each thing. She was at the bicycle next to me for about five minutes, then over on the treadmill for less than five minutes, then wandering around from thing to thing.

We made eye contact a couple times, which I generally try not to do. Unless someone speaks to me or I see someone I know. I thought maybe she was talking to me once, but maybe she was talking to herself. I'd rather not talk or make eye contact, because then it becomes a social outing. And I'd hate her to think I'm "interested," because I'm definitely not.

Anyway, I was bouncing right along on the elliptical. Sometimes I'm very tired, wanting to give up. Tonight I was working it. I was listening to Kelly Clarkson's new CD (on my Ipod) and it's a good one for exercise. So I ended up in 15 minutes (plus 3 minutes cool down) with 2.03 miles.