Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Operacion Repo

I said in one of my articles that I've been turning over to the Tru channel once in a while. Because of all the crap on TV, this channel seems to have some of the most interesting. If you like the idea of seeing people at their worst, being blown up, being pulled over, doing insane things. It's great, but I'd rather they didn't blur it out anyone someone is fingering someone. You know, the human finger is not something that needs to be blurred out. It's not going to kill us to see it. Walk around town, you see fingers everywhere. Anyway....

I'm not such a constant viewer that I know all their shows, and certainly not when they're on. They seem to be always on, like if this show is on now, it'll be on for the next three or four hours. But that's longer than I watch. One show I discovered last night is called "Operacion Repo." I hope I spelled that right; I think it's a Spanish word. On this show, maybe like it sounds, they're busy repossessing cars and trucks that people have fallen behind making payments on. I only saw close to an hour but it was very interesting.

This would be an interesting job. Of course it could be dangerous, because some of the people out there with cars needing repo'ed are hotheads, nuts. Would I like to do it? Let me say both yes and no on that! I think it'd be cool to go along and maybe scout them out. But to have to confront these hotheads, that might get dicey. The skulking around would be fun, probably till you met someone with a gun who wanted to keep their car.

The episodes had such things as this. A lady with a car to be repo'ed was in a pizza restaurant. They went in and told her they needed to repo her car, so give us the keys. Naturally she's up in arms over it, very upset. I don't know. Are you just supposed to hand your keys to anyone who shows up saying hand me your keys? So it seems like she would have a right to object. Things got more than a little out of hand. The owner of the pizza place just wanted them all gone.

A couple other scenes: They tricked a gardener into telling where his employer's car was hidden. The guy seemed kind of dumb, because they pretended they were talking to the employer on the phone and the employer "told" them it'd be OK. So this idiot falls for that, instead of saying "I need to talk to her myself." One other: A lady had a big estate, gated, locked. And this employee from the repo place climbs over the wall, which seemed OK to me, but it turned out that was against the law. So he was arrested, then the repo owner had to bail him out. Very entertaining.