Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I Just Stopped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

I got two Kenny Rogers CDs at Goodwill today. I don't think I had any Kenny Rogers CDs already, although a few of these songs I have somewhere, vinyl perhaps.

Both are greatest hits packages. One is "The Best of Kenny Rogers," a 10 track Capitol CD. Not much there, 10 tracks! This doesn't include any of his rock tracks. The other has 12 tracks and it's one of the 20th Century Masters series, with the exact same title as the Capitol one. It has some of the same tracks, too, plus the biggies by the First Edition, tracks 8 thru 12, including "Ruby, Don't Take Your Love To Town," "Ruben James," and "Just Dropped In (To See What Condition My Condition Is In)". I like those songs, except when I was a kid we made fun of "Ruby."

So I'll probably listen to those songs a few times and some of the others. Put them on and enjoy!

The other CD I got was by Gin Blossoms, "Congratulations I'm Sorry." I don't think I have this one. I have the other one I know about, the one with "Hey Jealousy."