Friday, March 06, 2009

Tatiana! - Final Edition

Well, that's it. She bombed out. No more Tatiana on American Idol. I liked her too, the whole drama queen reputation, the good voice. She was fun to watch.

But when you get one more chance, you have to do something with it. I myself wasn't keeping track of the songs everyone sang, so it's all the same to me if you do the same song over and over. I'm not occupying my memory with such details. But the judges were keeping track, and they didn't like the fact that she did the same song three times. Three times??

Simon might have sounded harsh, but it was right on. Was she planning on doing the same song every show. Even I might have noticed if she did that!

I cannot believe, that given that one great, last chance, that anyone would put so little effort into doing something dynamic. You could pick a song off the top of your head in about 10 minutes. Then they have people there to get it arranged, all that. I'd like to see the behind the scenes stuff to see what opportunities they have. Do something with the chance you get.

So now we're without Tatiana. Alas. I was looking forward to seeing her on there. But it was her own fault, at least from where I sit.