Saturday, August 15, 2009

Holy Card: Therese of Lisieux

This beautiful one is my favorite saint of all time, St. Therese, the Little Flower. Card from Italy, classic cross and roses pose.

Someone had this one on a bulletin board, because there's two pin holes in it, top and bottom. Reprinted from Leaves magazine of Dearborn, Michigan.

The back has a prayer:
St. Therese, the Little Flower, please pick me a rose from the heavenly garden and send it to me with a message of love. Ask God to grant me the favor I thee implore and tell Him I will love Him each day more and more.

(The above prayer, plus 5 Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's, 5 Glory Be's, must be said on 5 successive days, before 11 A.M. On the 5th day, the 5th set of prayers having been completed, offer one more set -- 5 Our Father's, 5 Hail Mary's, 5 Glory Be's.)
Therese of Lisieux, sometimes called Theresa with an A. The Little Flower, "No matter where, her prayer is guiding me," from an old song.