Sunday, August 09, 2009

The Shaggy Dog and Marilyn Monroe

I got a VHS tape today of "The Shaggy Dog," at Goodwill.

I don't know. I'm not a Disney fan in the least. But I thought, it's an old, cute movie. One I don't believe I've seen. I'm not going to buy it on DVD but here it is for a buck, it might be fun to see while I'm exercising, killing time, or whatever.

So one of these days I'll be watching that.

This week (I watch movies in about 10 minute chunks) I've been watching "Some Like It Hot," with Marilyn Monroe, Tony Curtis, and Jack Lemmon. I'm loving it, but I'm ready for it to end. It's very cute. I think it might be building to a head, because the gangsters the two men were fleeing are back in the scene.

I really haven't seen Marilyn Monroe that much in movies. I'm not really a movie guy. And somehow I missed hers. She's cute but plays sort of a dumb blonde in it.

The men are dressed as women, employed in an all girl band. Anyone who wouldn't be able to recognize their maleness, of course, would need to be examined. But that's the way the movie needs it to be. The dialogue is very snappy and well written. It's an excellent, delightful film.