Monday, August 31, 2009

Stood In Line Twice Tonight

We went out to eat, but it required two separate places and two separating standings in line.

I hate that. There was one road, though, where we turn. And usually (always) there's cars coming from both sides and we get to wait, wait, wait. But tonight for some unknown reason there wasn't anyone coming! I said it was so nice we should drive around the block and see if it happens again. But we didn't.

So we went to the one restaurant (Mexican). And they were just making fresh (chicken), so would I mind waiting an extra six minutes? No, OK...Then some guy who came in three minutes after I did was out the door ahead of me. No kidding.

Then we went to the other restaurant. And they seemed busy. A few orders were up. A guy ahead of me didn't realize he could press on ahead. He was looking at the menu. It was all the same, though. We weren't going to be waited on any sooner if he pressed ahead.

Finally, all the restaurant waiting out of the way, we went home with the takeout and were able to eat. How delicious!