Sunday, August 02, 2009

Veritgo

I rewatched Veritgo. It's been a few years and I was surprised how much of it I forgot. I forgot a lot.

I couldn't remember how it ended and a lot of the various twists and turns. I need to watch it again now with everything fresh in my mind. Maybe I will.

This is only the second time I've seen it. But I happened to find a cheap VHS of it at a thrift store so I picked it up.

It would be nice to have it on DVD or Blu-Ray, but a Blu-Ray disc doesn't seem to be available yet.

Of course I remembered the bell tower sequences (the first two) and the scene at the Golden Gate bridge. I remembered certain things about the bell tower sequences that meant I was expecting certain twists.

I like all the slow meandering the film makes around San Francisco and a lot of the scenes where James Stewart is just thinking and wondering, trying to make sense of what he's doing.

Nice movie. It's "all the thumbs I have up."