Sunday, January 17, 2010

Finished Fun In Acapulco

I've been in an Elvis mood lately. Which happens to me fairly often, being his youngest original fan. That's what I am. It would be certified if such things were certifiable. Since they aren't it's my claim ... and I don't see anyone disputing it.

I was three or four in '56, baby, doing a great Elvis impersonation. "You ain't nothin' but a hound dog!" with my rattle for a microphone. This is true stuff. I had sideburns in kindergarten.

Anyway, even though I'm old now, I'm actually quite sane -- quite sane, but I'm still certifiable as a diehard Elvis fan. Like we said back in '56, I'm still "Pulling For Presley!"

So I've been engaged in my free time watching some of the King's movies. I just finished "Fun In Acapulco" tonight. I was all the way up to the last five minutes this morning but didn't have time to finish it. So I hit pause and continued with the last song "Guadalajara" tonight.

This is a pretty good movie. Like I just wrote a day or so ago, though, I'm a little bummed out that Elvis wasn't actually in Acapulco. I don't like watching some body double walking around pretending to be him. Especially when you can look, with a trained or untrained eye, and see that it's some other guy. Of course I wouldn't expect Elvis to have done the stunts or the dives, all that. But walking around, holding hands with a girl? He could've managed that.

The little kid, Raul, at the end was going to get to go to Florida with Elvis (Mike Wingert) to be his amigo for life. So if he's still alive, a shout out to him. You did a great job in the film. I wonder what it would be like to work with the Elvis double. Was that freaky?

Now tonight I started "Double Trouble." This is kind of a freaky movie. Elvis is downright surly to the girl at the beginning. But it's all in good fun. Plus she was secretly underage, so it's a good thing that they didn't go too far!