Sunday, January 31, 2010

STP Stickers

The other day I was commenting on the song "I Call My Baby STP" by The Del-Vetts. You can find it at YouTube by a simple search.

In the course of that post, I think I mentioned all the STP stickers we used to see 35-40 years ago. There were STP stickers everywhere, on cars, telephone booths, school lockers, briefcases, everywhere.

It makes me wonder ... what ever happened to all the STP stickers? Did we just throw away everything that had these stickers on them?

Maybe if we found a junkyard somewhere, like a forgotten junkyard down in Missouri somewhere, one on a dead end road that also doesn't have a entrance (it's a double ended dead end), and somehow we could parachute in, we might find some old cars with aging STP stickers on them.

They might've been rained on for 45 years. Also blistered by the heat of 40 hot Missouri summers. And they'd be peeling at the edges. But there they'd be ... the oval STP logo from all those years ago.