Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Bad Motel Policy

This isn't an actual motel policy. But I was thinking of the small print on the door of the motel. I was at a motel for a few days over the weekend. I was looking at the small print on the door.

One weird thing I noticed is they had the "room rate" at a figure over 3 times the actual room rate. Making me think there must be some kind of official reason they do that. Like they don't want to keep updating the door every time they might raise rates. And no one is going to complain if the rate on the door isn't the price they had to pay, since the stated price is outrageously high. Sounds like a good reason.

While I was there I felt very secure. Like I didn't think anyone was spying on us. But the thought occurred to me. I was thinking how they might state it in the small print: "The management of the motel reserves the right to monitor the activities of each room, whether by electronic means or otherwise." But I seriously didn't see any cameras.

It's a weird feeling being in a motel (to me). I'm thinking of all the foreign germs, i.e., ones that are foreign to my normal surroundings. I'm thinking of all the terrible things that might happen. It's a bad feeling.