Tuesday, September 22, 2009

An Old Friend I'm Not Going To Contact

I just saw an old friend on Facebook. I decided to search for her name. There was one of her. And it was her. I worked with her from around 1988-1990, a couple years back then. In fact she was the supervisor of me, but we worked in a collegial way.

But I'm not going to contact her. Just because you knew someone doesn't mean there's any reason to make contact now. We don't have anything in common except that, and I quote her occasionally, some little phrase she used to say all the time.

It's interesting to see she got remarried, since she mentions the grandchildren they have between them. I suppose they don't have to be married precisely, but that's the way I take it.

Anyway, interesting to see her picture, that she's still alive, still in the same vicinity where I knew her, etc. But that's it.