Tuesday, September 15, 2009

How Many Flu Shots Are Too Many?

Maybe WebMD would have information on this. I was wondering how many flu shots would be too many.

Like say you were some mentally disturbed person who got a flu shot, then you liked the friendly nurse so you went back and got another, then you liked her even more so you went back for another. And so forth. Or you decided to go to each drug store in town, then to each clinic, until you'd had about 20 flu shots.

Would it kill you? What would happen?

Since it's some kind of egg bacteria -- they ask you if you're allergic to chicken feathers -- maybe you'd turn into Chickenman ("He's everywhere, he's everywhere.")

I myself hate shots, even though this wasn't painful, my shot this morning. (My arm hurts a little bit this evening but nothing terrible.) But there's no way I would get more shots than were absolutely necessary. So I'm not going to know what would happen personally. It's just something I was wondering about.

It didn't seem like they were entering the info into a computer. And they didn't ask for ID. So a mentally disturbed guy could tell them 20 different names if he wanted.