Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ringo Starr For President

Remember when Ringo was our candidate for president in 1964? I remember seeing "Ringo For President" posters, at least in magazines.

Now, these days, for some reason I don't know precisely, Ringo is getting dissed.

Simon Cowell in the last few days said something against him. Well, here's what I think of you, Simon Cowell [making obscene Italian arm gestures in his general direction.] Just kidding. But, really, keep your mouth shut.

Ringo Starr was excellent in The Beatles. They could've had some other drummer. But it would've never been the same. He had personality, character, looks, humor, acting ability, interesting singing, the whole package. What a beautiful looking guy, really!

I used to look at my Beatles' records all the time and was always impressed by Ringo's cool looks. Like his very shaggy hair on "The Beatles' Second Album." That looked cool to me in 1964 and it looks cool to me now. I love the way you can see it sticking out in back.

Ringo was excellent in every way, in my opinion. He deserves all the respect in the world.

P.S. - That was very creative of Capitol Records, wasn't it? A title like "The Beatles' Second Album." It could've been "Meet The Beatles - Vol. 2." At least with "Something New" they didn't go for "The Beatles' Third Album." Chicago went that route, of course, but didn't they use Roman numerals?