Monday, March 08, 2010

Peripheral Vision

I had the thought today that you might see more interesting stuff if you aren't looking at everything directly.

I was at the doctor's office for an appointment and was sitting in the waiting room (for labs) and people were passing in the hall. I wasn't looking up or looking that way, and a couple of times I could've sworn some weird spectacles walked by. But since it was just my peripheral vision, mixed in probably with the fact that nothing is clear that way, I'm sure the people looked perfectly normal.

It made me think that every time I see something that reminds me of something outlandish, I always look to clear things up. But the real key might be not to look, not to get things cleared up. Just let your imagination run wild as these creatures are passing in front of your peripheral vision.

It could've been some big bird person, like from mythology. Or a giant.

Coincidentally, after thinking this, I took a vision test which included a peripheral vision test. I did fairly well on it, so that means I could put my new thoughts on looking at things only peripherally to the test.