Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Poach Alligators, Not Eggs

I don't know that I've ever had a poached egg. I had a chance to have one today and asked for fried instead.

As for eggs themselves, it's a good thing I grew up eating eggs, because I don't know if I'd be able to eat one if I wasn't already used to it. They look so strange. And since they're basically the goop that goes into making and nourishing a brand new chicken, it seems odd to be eating them.

We've eaten to death several generations of chickens by now. And one of them might've been the chicken Einstein, or Chickenman himself.

Chickenman wasn't the Messiah (of chickens), of course. We might've eaten the Messiah of chickens. He was going to be born at their equivalent of Bethlehem, with a whole flock of wise chickens on their way to bring him gifts. And we lumped him together with "cackle fruit," as my dad used to call eggs, and ate him.