Wednesday, January 28, 2009

3D Glasses

I saw people around with big sheets of 3D glasses and noticed there's going to be some special 3D thing on TV on Sunday, which may be nothing more than a commercial during the Super Bowl. Plus there's something about "Chuck," which might be a TV show, that's going to be in 3D.

I was at the store a couple of days ago, then, and saw a big box of the same 3D glasses and got myself a sheet of them, in case I happen to be watching when this event takes place. We like 3D.

But it seems kind of funny that we're so into 3D when it comes to wearing glasses and looking at it, but we're not into 3D just with our normal sight. Because everything around is 3D. You don't need glasses to see it in its full dimensions!

The beginning of my interest in 3D pictures started a long time ago, the '70s sometime when I got a book on old stereocards, which also came with a viewer and a pack of cards. Then I taped a couple of cameras together and went around clicking two buttons at the same time and making my own stereo images. The big trouble was it was hard to click the button exactly simultaneously, so sometime there'd be a delay and the two images would be a little off. Like if it was of a child playing, the hands would be moving. Even a little bit makes it noticeable when you're looking at a stereo picture.