Friday, January 09, 2009

Stung By Over 500 Bees

I don't usually watch the Animal Planet channel, except when it's on and the other person doesn't want to change the channel. The combination of the Crocodile Hunter and endless episodes of sick dogs and cats being rescued from squalor is enough to make me vomit.

Late this afternoon, though, I'm at the hospital, visiting someone's room, and what had to be on but the Animal Planet channel! The show was something about Animal Stories Extreme, a Marlin that jumps up and stabs a guy, a pelican dangling in midair by a fishhook, a dog in icy waters that bites his rescuer on the face, and a woman who was stung by over 500 bees while mowing her yard.

Good grief, stung by over 500 bees. They were in her mouth, in her clothes, all over her. It's enough to keep me in nightmares for the next 10 years. This is part of the reason I hate that channel.

But, I was thinking, I suppose if you can stand 350-400 stings, the last hundred has to be easy. Also, by the way, this would be the perfect premise (although very cliched) for her to be the Bee Lady with superpowers.