Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Debit Cards

I have entered the whole world of paying for things with my debit card. It's probably been about a year actually.

I'm still a little nervous about certain things. Sometimes it seems like they're running it through like a credit card. And I haven't set up the credit card account on it, so I don't know what would happen if that were to happen. I asked a clerk at one place if she was sure it was going to go through as a debit card and she couldn't guarantee it, so I didn't do it there.

Other places I've thought it was going to be OK, then I had second thoughts afterwards, but I've never had one show up as anything but a debit, so I guess my fears were all unfounded.

It's kind of weird at certain places, that you don't have to type in your PIN. McDonald's is that way. It just runs through and says approved. So I don't know why they have it different than the grocery store, except, that's just the way it is.