Tuesday, January 06, 2009

AVI Frames

I recently got a small video camera. I've taken a few videos. I haven't come up with a good way to snap frames off it, or, better yet, to extract all frames.

I have Infranview, which has a feature built in for this very task. Except for me they all come out black. I checked around on the internet and someone recommended turning off all video acceleration, which is an easy enough thing to do. But it didn't do any good.

Once in a while, when manually snapping a picture with Capture software, I get part of a frame, just part.

The video comes with Flip-something, a piece of crap bit of software and only reads videos from the camera and not off the harddrive, seems like it to me. It has a way of snapping one picture at a time but not a hundred or a thousand.

I used to do this all the time seven or eight years ago. I had a Ulead (?) gif animator and it could do stuff like that.