Thursday, January 15, 2009

The Look

On American Idol, as in everyday life, I'm always on the prowl (not exactly) for people with "The Look." Not that I'm going to do anything about it, going up to them and telling them I'm going to make you a star... I like to see people with "The Look," even if it's only in passing.

For me the Look is the look of something individual, eclectic, electrifying, a touch of weirdness yet with confidence and something interesting going on. As for me, though, personally, I don't have The Look whatsoever. I've never had it really -- maybe un peu in high school, but now I'm withered, with strange tufts and balding, and getting wrinkled. If I were a bluesman, I'd be in my element, except I'm not that either!

When I see the Look, which is hardly ever, it's captivating. But you don't want to look at the Look very long or reality will catch up with you. Real life has a way of taking everyone down a few pegs. Still, and they're few and far between, once in a while you see something in people that's very spiritual, a spark.