Saturday, January 03, 2009

Shower Video

With my new video camera I can't think of too much to video. Pets are only so entertaining. Eventually I'm going to have to leave the house.

Yesterday I wondered what it'd look like to video myself taking a shower. From the waist up, of course. So I set the camera up here somewhere and tried to forget it was there, which I didn't manage.

I did everything quicker, undressing, getting in, stayed in less time, etc., so it'd be a shorter, more contained production. Somehow I managed to keep it all waist-up, even when in the shower. So I'm able to keep it on my hard drive, which I wouldn't want to do if I was overly exposed.

A couple of observations. I'm freaked out about my appearance. I thought I looked terrible. I've never observed myself from some of these angles, and it wasn't appealing. Plus, you can really see through the shower door. I didn't know that 100%.

I was pretty much humorless doing it. As stated, I was trying to forget the camera was there, which meant not a lot of mugging, grinning, talking. So I look like a task-oriented stoic, getting my clothes off very fast, getting in, getting out, all business. It'd be more entertaining to be singing in the shower or something.